For my sample I decided to use the Placolor set. It goes on like an oil pastel but dries completely smudge free in less than a few minutes. This is a fun alternative to the richness of an oil pastel minus the messy clean up AND my overflowing drying rack. I'm all about that in May!
Using some digital patterns that I had created in Photoshop for signs and labels, I made a set of cards for the students to play a memory match game. After I print and cut them apart, they can turn all of the pairs upside down and test their memories. I think this would be a fun closure activity for those finishing early.
If you've gotta have the details on this plan for your classroom, it's available for download here.