_

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Cinco de Mayo

After finding out I'd be back at the elementary level for the first time in 10 years, I quickly scanned my memory for some of my favorite and successful lessons from my K-8 days. Papel Picado was one of my students' favorites and so I revised and planned to use the lesson for Dio de los Muertos this fall. Hurricane Sandy had other plans, and when we missed a week of school, I sadly packed up the lesson plan and photocopies I had made. This weekend I realized how little time is left this year and how much I still want to accomplish. Since I don't know what level I may be teaching next year, I want to make sure I get this lesson in, so it will now become a Cinco de Mayo lesson.  Part of the fun of this lesson is sharing my husband's many photos from a quick trip to Mexico where Papel Picado can be seen streaming everywhere in the background. This morning I retraced my steps and put together everything I would need to teach it into a TpT lesson plan.
Here's a sneak peak:




No comments:

Post a Comment