_

Monday, January 21, 2013

Visual Pun

Another favorite lesson honed over the past five years. Visual Puns. I love this as an alternative to the Guiseppe Arcimboldo lessons. I show them examples of artists who work in ink such as Edward Gorey and Andrea Joseph. Students use oxymoron, idioms, double entendre as basis for their work. Composite drawing has a primary outer form and lots of smaller drawings inside. All rendered with a cheap bic pen. Usually one of the students favorite projects. I did this with my level 2 art students. Great review of value and texture. Answers at the end if you want to play along:
























































For fun I would display in hall for a week and they would try to guess each others and then I would apply the title the following week.  I've uploaded the six lesson plans with critique, more student samples, idiom list and much more (16 pages worth!) to TpT.





* Answers *
Army Strong
Race Against Time
Sweetheart
Cup of Joe
Change of Heart
Educational TV
Time Flies
Apple of my eye
Card Shark
Chili Pepper
Civil War
Potty Mouth
Sick as a dog
Snail Mail

No comments:

Post a Comment