Monday, January 21, 2013

Visual Pun

Another favorite lesson honed over the past five years. Visual Puns. I love this as an alternative to the Guiseppe Arcimboldo lessons. Students use oxymoron, idioms, double entendre as basis for their work. Composite drawing has a primary outer form and lots of smaller drawings inside. All rendered with a cheap bic pen. Usually one of the students favorite projects. I did this with my level 2 art students. Great review of value and texture.
















For fun I would display in hall for a week and they would try to guess each others and then I would apply the title the following week. The two above are "Change of Heart" and "Educational TV." I've uploaded the six lesson plans with critique, more student samples, idiom list and much more (16 pages worth!) to TpT.

No comments:

Post a Comment