_

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Imagine Dragons

I am so excited to introduce this lesson to my second grade class this week. We're going to start by reading the book "There's no such thing as Dragons."



















Then we will imagine what a dragon looks like and draw it onto transfer paper. It will become a scratch art lesson in texture and finally part of a larger illustration where students get to become a fire-breathing dragon as they shoot orange paint through a straw with their own breath.















This lesson could definitely evolve for upper levels. Tying into popular fiction such as Harry Potter, How to Train your Dragon and Eragon. I've swiped a few of my daughter's favorite books to take in and share such as "Room on the Broom" and "That's not my dragon."

What's your favorite dragon book to use in the art room?

No comments:

Post a Comment