_

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Painted Collage

Our librarian asked if I wanted to collaborate after the holidays on a lesson based on the books of Ezra Jack Keats. In my head I'm seeing the Snowy Day book and thinking about how I just planned a ton of winter/snow/snowflake lessons for December. I asked her to bring me a few of the books she has on hand, which she did. Shuffling through them quickly on my lunch break I was immediately drawn to a lesser known book called "Dreams."











So. Much. Eye. Candy.

Pages like this had me quickly making up lesson plans in my head throughout the afternoon as I was teaching other classes.














By the end of the day, I had a quick mock up of where I saw the project going:













But I had a feeling there was a lot more I could do with it. Which is why it's 10pm and I'm up to my elbows in painted paper samples, putting together something more like this:










I can not wait to jump into this after break. Lesson plan and step by step visuals available here.

No comments:

Post a Comment