_

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Feeling Fibers

** Update **
Lesson plans now available here if interested, and I made step by step visuals for setting up the loom for the tree and the circular weaving. With arrows. Cause I'm fancy.

During the last week of school my grant for a visit artist was fully funded through Donors Choose. She will be creating a living wall using fibers as a collaborative piece with each student K-5. So, I've been feeling fibers lately as I plan out my scope and sequence for next year. I started making samples to decide which grade level I might work each project into.



I may use the kumihimo bracelet as a bridge or transition activity for my 3rd, 4th and 5th graders. I created a step-by-step handout that they can use to get started.





No comments:

Post a Comment