_

Monday, August 21, 2017

Bueller?

Attendance is a tricky beast for me in the elementary classroom. For high school, I stood in the hallway with my attendance sheet and checked them off as they entered. In elementary I find I barely make it to the hall before the next class is entering (and let's be real, I don't actually know the young 'uns names until October April.)

Do you call roll or have another trick for managing attendance? Are you required to take attendance? Leave a comment below with your best trick for consistently taking attendance. Or your best rationalization for why you don't. 

2 comments:

  1. I always ask the elementary students "who's absent today?" Then I do a head count to make sure my number matches. You never know when there will be a safety drill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Perron smART k-5 you are the winner! Please let me know which resource you want and where to email it!

    ReplyDelete