_

Saturday, October 7, 2017

Tubes and Pipes

Recently I had an image from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory stuck in my head. Our department SLO this year is teaching tints and shades to 4th grade. I started thinking about the number of video games that feature pipes and tubes (I'm a Mario Brothers girl at heart). 










Tapping into popular culture is always a big hit with my students so I know they will love designing a splash screen for a video game. This is also a great way to talk to students about the variety of art careers. I'm so excited for them to start. We will be starting this lesson with imagery of local factories and architecture with pipes and tubes. If you want to try something similar but hate writing your own plans, I've posted mine here.

No comments:

Post a Comment