_

Monday, November 13, 2017

Circle Weaving

4th grade is completing their circle weavings.

















Starting the year off with weaving for all classes in 3rd through 5th may not have been my smartest decision, but I survived. I underestimated how long the projects would take by a lot. We still could have stretched another week or so in most classes but we are all happy to move on to something new.



















This has been the first time for most of them doing real weaving. In 1st and 2nd we have done paper weaving, so this was a learning curve for them and me. They painted their paper plates, but everyone  wanted to take the circles off the loom, so going forward I might skip that step and save myself a week (and paint). Here are some results.


























No comments:

Post a Comment