_

Thursday, April 19, 2018

Paper Marbling


"Pezzetino and the Island of Wham"




My kindergarten and first graders blew me away with their amazing paper marbling efforts. The picture below includes every student from one first grade class. Each sheet incredibly unique and beautiful.



Here's a close up look at some kindergarten work.



Today we pulled it together using the book "Pezzetino" by Leo Lionni. I don't usually have them title their work, but today I asked the first graders to think about it and almost all of them had a title by the time they turned in their work. It added such a great dimension and showed their attention to the story.



"Pezzetino and the lost critter"


"Pezzetino Is Not Another Piece"


"Pezzetino Meets the Slow One"

This definitely makes me want to include titles more often.  If you'd like the lesson plan with video demonstration of the paper marbling technique that worked with my students you can find it here.









No comments:

Post a Comment