_

Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Distance Learning Art Activities

While our school is still considering what distance learning might look like during our closure, I've been playing around with what options I may want to share with them when allowed to do so. Right now splitting K-2 and 3-5 makes the most sense in my brain. Activities that can be mostly self-guided with little parent intervention is also key.

My top two ideas right now are "Choose Your Own Adventure" drawing prompts. Like the books, where your choice guides the story, the students choice would determine the idea for them to illustrate. I have a set of five with some blanks, so parents could fill in their own ideas.




















The other idea is a "complete the drawing" activity. This has a math connection and a place for them to write a sentence or story about the pictures they made. I posted these two on our school Twitter page yesterday for fun.



The grid style would be great for 3-5 and the trace the other half would be fun for K-2

What are you planning for your classes?


No comments:

Post a Comment