_

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Conversation Hearts

Recycling an old favorite from my high school teaching days into something manageable for 3rd grade. I had seen a few variations on the notan square and yes, some with hearts. I wanted the students to be able to communicate something that was in their heart, something they love or felt. I was immediately drawn to the idea of the little conversation heart candies.









This lesson could easily get extended with another class on typography and graphic design, but for now, it's a two week lesson. While I've focused on balance and contrast, it could also be a study of organic shapes and symmetrical design. My own third grader helped me test out the lesson at home and my students started today. They were very excited and engaged as we worked. The two day plan and worksheet, along with step by step photos is posted to my TpT.

No comments:

Post a Comment