_

Saturday, October 1, 2016

It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown

I saw a poster in Oriental Trading for the anniversary of "The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" and immediately knew I needed to make this a lesson somehow. Since one point perspective is not my favorite way to start the year, I decided to go back a step and begin with the basics of perspective. Less formulas and rules. Once my students could master the casual perspective basics of overlapping, page placement and scale they were ready.

It took about 3 and a half classes on average to complete the pumpkin patch and I was able to work in lots of third grade vocabulary such as value, silhouette, horizon line and resist.

Here are the amazing results.



























If you love the lesson, but hate writing your own plans check this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment