_

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Dala Horse Lesson

So very excited to share a new lesson. I feel like I haven't been doing enough folk art with my students and that is something I hope to change this year. So I went in search of something that didn't seem to be overdone and found the delightful Dalecarlian horses of Sweden. I will be having my younger students paint them, but since they missed out on the fun I may have the older students create 3D sculptures. Here's my teacher sample painting and a link to the lesson plan if you'd like to try it but have no time to write your own plan.


In the lesson plan over at TpT, I included two fun pattern worksheets for the students where they have to match up and identify different types of patterns. So excited to see their bright creations filling the hallway this fall!



No comments:

Post a Comment