_

Friday, September 15, 2017

Boys and Weaving

Boys love weaving.

I kept hearing this strange rumor and kept telling myself, "No they don't. It's going to be a nightmare. They will hate weaving and hate coming to art class." But it's true. They love it. I wish that I had recorded some of the amazing conversations yesterday when the first group of students finished setting up the looms and actually started weaving. 











One boy said "I always ruin my project by now, but this is awesome."  When it was clean up time, the entire glass groaned "Nooooooooo!" I told them if we had rain, they could send one student down at recess to collect the basket from my room to weave in their classroom. As they walked out I heard a boy tell his friend "I hope it rains every day next week!" Who are these children?




















If this looks like something you'd like to try, the lesson plan with detailed step by step photo instructions are included in my weaving unit over on TpT.

No comments:

Post a Comment