_

Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Art Response Cards

Getting students to talk during a critique can be SO. VERY. PAINFUL. While most elementary kids really love to talk and give their opinion, I'm finding my 4th and 5th grade students are sometimes coming up a bit short. The art response cards that I used with my high school students have become very helpful in giving students a nudge in the right direction and expanding their art vocabulary.


Whether it be a class critique or an investigation into an art historical style, students are empowered and engaged when they have cards to choose from.  I like to color code the cards (it just makes sorting things out easier) so I have a set that are based on elements and principles, a set of descriptors and a set of purpose and function cards.



 If you're a fan of DBAE and the Feldman model of art criticism, you are probably no stranger to this idea. This set of 96 cards is available here to download.

No comments:

Post a Comment