_

Sunday, July 26, 2020

First Day Of School

Everything about the first day of school is going to be different this year. Starting my 16th year in a different room...different school...and just for fun, a different level than last year.

So what will that first day look like with social distancing and half of my class in attendance? Right now I'm thinking priority number one is going to be making sure kids are connected to my virtual classroom. I'm not a huge fan of reading a syllabus to students, so I'm thinking of how that can be made more enjoyable. They will also take a survey to help me identify experience and learning styles and to set some goals for themselves.

Having them complete the survey and goal-setting using google forms ensures they are all connected to our classroom. But do I really want their first day of art to be staring at a screen filling out paperwork?


Introducing "What do you meme?" Art Class Edition.



















Photo credit Ryan Franco via Unsplash

In (6' apart) pairs, students will receive a prompt related to one part of the syllabus and respond in the form of a meme. They may photograph each other using their ipads and add text. If we end up being online, I will share the powerpoint to google slides and let them work on it by themselves.














** Update 7/31/2020 **
I just created a resource for this and it's now in my TpT.

No comments:

Post a Comment