_

Friday, February 22, 2019

Rizzi Inspired Still Life

My 2nd graders just wrapped up a James Rizzi inspired still life.

I modeled a sentence prompt of "I see, I think, I wonder" as we looked at his work. Students then created their own sentences. It always fun to hear what they wonder about works of art. Hint: It's never the things I think it will be.


They loved his bright, colorful artworks and did an amazing job translating the images of cows, chicks and buildings into bowls of ice cream and cups of hot cocoa. 


We talked about finding their"happy place" and painting from their hearts. 


It was also the perfect opportunity to review different genres of art. 

It you'd like the no-prep option to bring this into your classroom you can download the lesson plan, presentation and worksheets right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment