_

Saturday, July 20, 2019

Beyond the basic bead with polymer clay


I've been revisiting some of my high school lessons to see if anything makes sense to bring down to the elementary level. Given their huge success rate with polymer clay on the bobbleheads, I may try some basic jewelry making again this year. A few years ago, some of my fourth grade classes created beads that were accents to their arcimboldo shrinky dink heads.













I'd love to have them try some advanced methods like caning.


The samples here were made by my high school students in a contemporary crafts class.














It's such a great way to introduce unity, variety, repetition and emphasis



I love to watch them go beyond the basic bead and explore a variety of shapes.


Here's a link to the high school lesson plan.
And here is where you can get my video tutorial and lesson plan that would be great for 4th-6th grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment