_

Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Clear the lists part 2

Last summer social media was on fire with kind souls everywhere helping teachers clear their back to school shopping lists. This year, like many of you, I really am not sure what or when I should be ordering.

As the current situation has our schools and communities more closely connected how do we leverage our relationships and how do we work together to provide for our students?

I keep circling back to the idea that no one is eating in restaurants right now. In our town, almost every restaurant offers a 4-pack of crayons to kids while they wait for food. If ONE of those restaurants stepped up and donated the crayons that are sitting unused, that frees up my budget to send home more paper, or markers, or maybe even model magic.


And that's how the ripple starts. What else in your community isn't being used right now. How could that item have a positive impact on education?


So, given the current situation, what is on your wish list this year? Links to my previous versions of an art teacher  Wish List and donation request. I have a downloadable file of 30 variations here and a brand new 100% editable version here.





I'm thinking this year I would need:

  • Extra masks (for when kids inevitably have an accident with their own)
  • Ziplock bags for each child to hold personal supplies
  • Disinfecting wipes
  • Crayons to send home for kids who don't have them
  • Document camera for teaching from home
  • Hot Spots for families without internet access



No comments:

Post a Comment