_

Sunday, October 18, 2020

The Monster Mash Up

Some lessons are timeless. Six years ago I posted an exquisite corpse lesson plan that I have done with students in grades 3-12 and I am still hoping I can sneak it in this year now that I'm back at the high school. Right now my cartooning classes are developing original characters and it might be fun to have them submit and edit these digitally.


Since posting that lesson, I have added these fun muddle and match books from usborne to my growing resources for the project, which include a halloween card from 10 years ago.

The topic of "seasonal" art is sometimes hotly debated, especially at the high school level. I think an art teacher in an exploratory course like Art 1, could definitely make connections to surrealism and this could develop beyond a fluff piece for decoration. While I wouldn't have students collaborate their paper drawings this year, a technology connection could make this more interactive and add a layer of engagement and excitement.

Do you use seasonal inspiration for middle and high school art classes?


No comments:

Post a Comment